Acadia has a Master of Science in Human Nutrition from Columbia University. She is a certified fitness nutrition coach and personal trainer and a professional NGA bikini competitor. Learn more about Acadia’s experience and education on LinkedIn.
She has 5 years of experience working in nutrition research and 4 years of experience working with clients. Acadia’s research background is in obesity nutrition and dietary intake analysis. You can find the result of her work as a graduate student at Columbia here: Dietary Inadequacies in HIV-infected and Uninfected School-aged Children in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Acadia is also a respected fitness writer. Her editorial work has been featured in various publications:
- Is Your Gut-Brain Axis Working Against You in the Gym?
- To Ketone or Not to Ketone: Mineral Salts
- 6 Reasons to Stop Tracking Your Macros to the Gram
- The Case for Refeed Days: A Secret to Successful Dieting?
- 4 Post-Workout Myths (That Are Actually Relevant)
- The Skinny on Bread: Is Whole Grain Bread Better Than White for Fat Loss?
MS Human Nutrition, Columbia University, 2015
Postbaccalaureate Premedical Certificate, Columbia University, 2014
BS Computer Science, BA Psychology, American University of Paris, 2012 (Valedictorian)
Fitness Nutrition Coach
Physique and Figure Training Specialist
NGA Pro Bikini Athlete, 2014
National-Level NPC Bikini Athlete, 2014